OMG! My Boxing Day SEPHORA Goods !

I’m back ! The holidays had me all wrapped up in its glory! But nevertheless it’s boxing week and if you didn’t head out, I did for you xo ...

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Battle of the Brows !

Ohh gosh ! Ever looked at tb and thought why did I not do my brows. I have travelled long and far to find what works for me. It's been a long and not always so cute journey! But the great thing about makeup, there's nowhere to go but up 🔝


Brow History 
Brows have come a long way, and you know the saying history repeats itself, well the same goes for brow fashion. At least by now we're finally getting back to where brows are just about as good as they can get ! 

1910's - defined, yet natural
In these days brows weren't messed with as much. It wasn't the focus point of beauty.

20's - Thin & Long 
Almost vamp looking. Stars like Clara shaved her brows so she could draw them on ! 

30's - still thin, but welcome the arch !
Like Greta Garbo, stars kept the brows thin but with a rounded arch, almost like a 'U'

40's - The bigger the better ! 
DRAMA was what they should call the brows of this era. Bigger and bold was their goal with starts like Joan Crawford 

50's - short and sweet 
Full but short and sexy with an arch was the style for starts like Marylin Monroe 

60's - extra fabulous 
This is the time when brows become less of a beauty statement or more of self-expression 

70's - disco fever au natural 
Wide set, long, flat with an arch more squared at the front like Donna summers 

80's - More is still more ! 
Power brows, full, Full FULL ! More straight, less arch 

90's - less is more
Back to skinny minny, barely there brows.  Super skinny and round


Now - bold and beautiful
We embrace the full, natural, and bold ! 
Brows have become a beauty staple, and with all the technology we have, you could change your brows everyday of the week :) 

Now, I won't comment on all these new brows you can braid, feather and many more I've seen pop up. Its expressive and artistic but will I be feathering my brows to go to Walmart..... doubt it ! Don't hold your breath. 😂

    I started with powders but soon came to realize that my actual brows where thick and powder added to the thickness in a dusty way. It made me crazy! It's didn't look natural, it made my brows look dark and dusty. Then came along the pomade ! Heaven ! Not for all but for most and for me and isn't that what matters 🙂
Cause this is where the magic happens.

NYX Tame and Frame brow pomade 



Anastasia Beverly Hills brow pomade 





 When your brows so sharp, they could kill 



No comments:

Post a Comment